15-Minute on-demand multimedia web casts covering the latest product developments.
There are many things to consider when selecting a fuse such as current rating, breaking capacity, derating, trip characteristics, etc. This brief, "Guide to Fuse Selection" discusses the purpose, characteristics, sizes and types of fuses. It includes the why, what and how of selecting the right fuses to comply with regulatory agencies and, more importantly, to protect against safety hazards and equipment failure. Please join Schurter Inc. and Nikila Kareesan, Applications Engineer, for a 15 minute on-demand eeTechbrief webinar covering the Guide to Fuse Selection.
What is SuperSpeed USB 3.0?
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 offers significant performance enhancements, improved power efficiency and greater power delivery options relative to other USB standards, all without compromising compatibility with the billions of USB-enabled devices currently in use around the world. As OEMs look to develop end products with SuperSpeed USB 3.0, many questions arise about the standard's capabilities and other issues such as the availability of hardware to support new designs.
Join Avnet Electronics Marketing's Matt Burns for a brief webcast that will explore the following topics:
- USB 3.0 specification overview
- Features and benefits
- Basic host controller block diagram
- Ancillary components (PHYs, clock sources, USB connectors and circuit protection devices)
- Texas Instruments' TUSB1310 discrete SuperSpeed PHY
- Tyco Electronics' SuperSpeed USB host connectors, circuit protection and cable assemblies
Don't miss this opportunity to become an early USB 3.0 adopter and to jump start your development efforts with this exciting new standard.
* USB is a trademark of the Universal Serial Bus Association.
Pluggable I/O interface technology gives designers flexibility and significant advantages for use in high-speed networking, storage and telecom applications. Standard I/O equipment supports fiber and copper links, and provides more data throughput in smaller packaging.
Tyco Electronics continues to be engaged in new pluggable interface standards to support the rapidly changing market needs for higher bandwidth, and remains and industry leader with the technical expertise required to deliver superior designs for signal integrity and EMI at higher data rates. Tyco Electronics offers a full line of pluggable I/O interfaces and continues to be a leader in new product development. The TE Product portfolio includes: SFP, SFP , XFP, X2 and QSFP connectors, cages, heatsinks, light pipes and cable products.
Please join Tyco Electronics’ global product manager, Mike Walmsley, for an eight minute on-demand eeTechbrief webinar covering the application of pluggable I/O products, the interfaces and their features, and the roadmap and challenges for next generation solutions.
3M™ Ultra Hard Metric (UHM) Fully Shielded 2 mm Hard Metric Socket Connectors are engineered to deliver more than 7 Gbps backplane performance for systems based on 2 mm hard-metric connectors. System design engineers working with 2 mm hard-metric-based designs, such as VME or CompactPCI®, can now dramatically increase overall system performance while preserving their existing investment.
3M and Avnet Electronics Marketing are hosting a brief Webcast that will explore the following topics:
• Backplane design challenges and solutions
• UHM features and benefits
• PICMG Standard 2.30 for the J2 connector
• New PICMG 2.30 system slot and peripheral cards
• Support for legacy 2 mm HM system designs
In less than 14 minutes, you’ll gain an understanding of how standard Compact PCI and VME 64x systems can now support multi-gigabit, high-speed serial IO protocols such as SAS, SATA, Rapid IO, PCI Express and Gigabit Ethernet without costly backplane redesigns or forklift upgrades.
The 3M™ 2 mm Shielded Controlled Impedance (SCI) Cable Assembly Development Kit allows engineers to quickly and cost-effectively assess, test and design a high-performance 2 mm SCI cable-to-board solution for applications that require the proven reliability of latch/eject connectors.
Join 3M’s Lindsay Powell for a brief Webcast that will demonstrate how the kit components can be used to test and characterize the signal integrity of 3M 2 mm SCI latch/eject headers and 3M 2 mm SCI coaxial and/or twin-axial cable assemblies.
Other discussion topics include:
• System overview
• SCI and coaxial connector comparison
• Development kit configurations and contents
• Key performance features and target applications
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how to verify signal integrity, impedance matching and crosstalk performance for high-speed applications and how to design a superior coaxial or twin-axial high speed cable assembly.
Application Reference Materials –
Free Literature Search - App Notes, Design Kits, Eval Boards, Reference Designs, and more. Submit a request for Literature.
- Don't wait for samples, start designing today!
- Quick and convenient evaluation
- High demand reed sensors included
- Removes guess work from sensor design
- 3-D actuation illustrations show sensor operation
- Actuation distance data (mm) for 5 configurations
- Sensors in 3 sensitivity classes: B, C & D
- Mating actuator magnet included
- Screw fasten or threaded mount
- Operate little to no power